- The CSIR Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology has developed VINCOV-19, which may be the first specific drug for the treatment of COVID-19, which contains therapeutic antibodies.
- The Drug Controller General of India (DGCI) has approved clinical trials for the VINCOV-19 in Phases I and II, and it is expected to be tested in Delhi and Rajasthan soon.
- The VINCOV-19 is a series of antibodies collected from horses after they were given inactivated Corona virus injections.
- After the results of phase I and II are released, it is expected to be approved for emergency use.
- It works better when given early in the infection.
- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology or CCMB is an Indian fundamental life science research establishment that operates under the aegis of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research. It is located in Hyderabad.
© 2023 Civilstap Himachal Design & Development