WHY IN NEWS?
In United Nation’s Economic and Social Commission for Asia Pacific’s (UNESCAP) latest Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation, India has scored 90.32%.
India’s performance in the survey
- Having evaluated 143 economies globally, this year’s Survey has highlighted India’s significant score improvement on all 5 key indicators.
- Transparency is 100% in 2021 (It was 93.33% in 2019)
- Formalities has been recorded at 95.83% in 2021 (It was 87.5% in 2019)
- Institutional Arrangement and Cooperation is 88.89% in 2021 (It was 66.67% in 2019)
- In 2021 Paperless Trade is 96.3% (It was 81.48% in 2019)
- Cross-Border Paperless Trade in 2021 is 66.67% (In 2019 it was 55.56%)
- Comparing to the South and South West Asia region (63.12%) and Asia Pacific region (65.85%) India has performed the best.
- This survey has found that the overall score of India is greater than many OECD countries which include UK, France, Norway, Canada and Finland etc.
- The survey shows that India’s overall score is better than the European Union’s average score.
- For the Transparency index India has achieved a 100% score
- In the Women in trade component India has achieved 66%.