Why in news ?
Recently, the Union Education Minister released the Report on United Information System for Education Plus (UDISE+) 2019-20 for School Education in India.
- In 2019-20, total students in school education from pre-primary to higher secondary have crossed 26.45 crore. This is higher by 42.3 lakh compared to 2018-19.
Gross Enrolment Ratio:
- Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) at all levels of school education has improved in 2019-20 compared to 2018-19.
- Upper Primary Level increased to 89.7% from 87.7%.
- Elementary Level increased to 97.8% from 96.1%.
- Secondary Level increased to 77.9% from 76.9%.
- Higher Secondary Level increased to 51.4% from 50.1%.
- GER is the number of students enrolled in a given level of education, regardless of age, expressed as a percentage of the official school-age population corresponding to the same level of education.