WHY IN NEWS ?
- Global cybersecurity firm, Sophos, published it “the State of Ransomware 2021 report’. It finds, 68% of Indian organisations were by ransomware in the last 12 months.
- India is one among most affected countries with respect to ransomware attacks.
- India tops the list of top 30 countries for ransomware attacks.
- 68 percent of Indian organisations were hit by ransomware in the last 12 months. Though, this number is less than 82 percent, reported in the 2020 report.
- 72 percent of Indian organisations admitted, data was encrypted in the most significant ransomware attack.
- There is an overall drop in attacks. However, the attacker’s behaviour has changed at some places. At Sophos, it was reported, attackers were switching to more targeted attacks which include human hands-on keyboard hacking so as to bypass organisation’s defences.
- 67 per cent of Indian organisations, whose data was encrypted, paid ransom to recover as opposed to the global average of 32 percent.
- 86 per cent of Indian organisations are of view that cyberattacks are now too complex for their own IT team to handle.
© 2023 Civilstap Himachal Design & Development