- Recently, the Ministry of Panchayati Raj has released the new framework for implementation of the SVAMITVA Scheme.
- SVAMITVA stands for Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas.
- Launch: It is a centre sector scheme which was launched nationally on the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day on 24th April 2021.
- Aim: To provide an integrated property validation solution for rural India.
- The demarcation of rural inhabited areas would be done using Drone survey and CORS (Continuously Operating Reference Stations) Networks which provides mapping accuracy of 5 cms.
- This would provide the ‘record of rights’ to village household owners possessing houses in inhabited rural areas in villages.
- It will cover around 6.62 Lakh villages of the entire country during 2021-2025.
- To bring financial stability to the citizens in rural India by enabling them to use their property as a financial asset for taking loans and other financial benefits.
Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR)