WHY IN NEWS?
- SAMVEDNA is Sensitizing Action on Mental Health Vulnerability through Emotional Development and Necessary Acceptance. It a toll-free helpline through which children affected during COVID-19 pandemic are provided counselling.
- The main objective of SAMVEDNA is to provide psychological first aid and emotional support to the COVID-19 affected children.
- The tele-counselling is provided by the National Commission of Child Rights working under Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- Psychologists, counsellors and experts from NIMHANS, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences.
- The Toll-Free Number is 1800-121-2830.
- It is available from Monday to Saturday, from 10 AM to 1 PM and 3 PM to 8 PM.
- The service is only to children.
- The service under this initiative is provided under various regional languages such as Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, etc.
© 2023 Civilstap Himachal Design & Development