- The Sports Authority of India has integrated Khelo India Games Certificates with Digilocker.
- Khelo India Games certificate is a document that is awarded to athletes who participate in the Khelo India Games.
- The certificate recognizes the participation of the athlete in the games and serves as proof of their achievement.
This will allow athletes, support staff, technical officers and competition managers to access their certificates digitally. It would also provide for real time verification of Certificates.
About Sports Authority of India (SAI)
- Sports Authority of India (SAI) was set up in 1982 as a Society registered under Societies Act, 1860.
- SAl has been entrusted with the twin objectives of promoting sports and achieving sporting excellence at the national and international level.
- SAI has played a significant role in shaping India’s sports development by providing training to elite athletes and at the same time operating a number of schemes for the identification and development of young talent.
- DigiLocker is a flagship initiative of the Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) under Digital India programme.
- DigiLocker aims at ‘Digital Empowerment’ of citizens by providing access to authentic digital documents to citizen’s digital document wallet.
DigiLocker is a secure cloud-based platform for storage, sharing and verification of documents & certificates.