Jawaharlal Nehru Port Authority
- According to World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index, 2023, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Authority has a turnaround time (TAT) of just 22 hours, putting India amongst the top performers.
- TAT of a ship refers to the time vessel reports at the anchorage of a port to the time it sails out from the berth.
- JNP at Navi Mumbai accounts for around 50% of the total containerized cargo volume, across the major ports of India.
- In 2022, JNP has become the first major port of the country to become 100% Landlord port having all berths being operated on PPP model.
Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port
- Minister of State for Ports, Shipping and Waterways recently flagged off an inaugural shipment from Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port in Kolkata to operationalise the Sittwe Port in Myanmar.
- Port of Kolkata or Kolkata Port, officially known as Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port Trust (Formerly Kolkata Port Trust), is the only riverine major port of India, located in Kolkata, around 203 kilometres from the sea.
- It is the oldest operating port in India constructed by the British East India Company in 1870.
- Kolkata is a freshwater port with no variation in salinity.
- The port has two distinct dock systems — Kolkata Docks at Kolkata and a deep water dock at Haldia Dock Complex, Haldia.