WHY IN THE NEWS?
The government has organized 108 training programmes for the awareness of the farmers across 24 states/UTs under the Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Unnat Krishi Shiksha Yojana (PDDUUKSY).
About Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Unnat Krishi Shiksha Yojana (PDDUUKSY):
- The scheme was launched in 2016 by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- Aim: To develop the human resource in organic farming, natural farming and cow-based economy for environmental sustenance and soil health.
- To build skilled Human Resources at the village level who are relevant for developing organic farming and sustainable agriculture.
- Provide rural India with technical support in the field of Organic Farming or Natural Farming or Rural Economy or Sustainable Agriculture.
- To extend other activities of this Yojana at village level through their established centres.
- Implementation: Education wing of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR)