- The Japanese Government recently awarded the “Order of Rising Sun” to a Bengaluru based Japanese teacher, Shyamala Ganesh.
About Shyamala Ganesh
- Shyamala is a Japanese teacher at the Septuagenarian institution and also at the Ohara School of Ikebana in RT Nagar, Bengaluru. She has tutored more than hundreds of students since its inception 38 years ago. Ikebana is Japanese art of flower arrangement.
- Shyamala along with her husband Ganesh started a Japanese language school in 1983 in Bengaluru.
Order of Rising Sun
- The award is presented by the Emperor of Japan.
- It was created in 1875.
- The award is presented to those who have made distinguished achievements in promotion of Japanese culture, achievements in international relations, advancements in their field and conservation of environment.
- It was also awarded for exemplary military service before World War II.
- It is the third highest award presented by the Japanese Government.
- The culture of presenting the award to Non-Japanese recipients began in 1981.
- Women are presented with the award since 2003.
- The award can also be presented posthumously.
© 2023 Civilstap Himachal Design & Development