WHY IN NEWS?
- The Okeanos Explorer is a ship built by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). It departed from the Port Canaveral in Florida on May 14, 2021.
About Okeanos Explorer:
- The Okeanos Explorer is on a two-week expedition of ocean exploration.
- It is to build 3D maps of vast regions of unexplored ocean floors in Hadal Zone.
- It is to conduct a technology demonstration of autonomous under water vehicle called Orpheus.
- The Orpheus robot is a new class of submersible robot that will help in identifying the scientific features on the sea floor
© 2023 Civilstap Himachal Design & Development