Why in news ?
- New Zealand defeated India to win the first ICC World Test Championship. New Zealand chased down the target of 139 to win the first-ever World Test Championship final with eight wickets in hand.
- The last day of the match was played on June 23, 2021. The match saw 6 days play in place of the regular 5 days due to the rain factor. Kyle Jamieson (NZ) has been adjudged as the “Player of the match”, while Kane Williamson (NZ) is the “Player of the series”.
- The first test championship began in 2019 with the finals being played in 2021.
- The top three teams, as a result, are: First: New Zealand; Second- India; Third- Australia.
- The final match was played at Ageas Bowl Stadium (Rose Bowl Stadium) in Southampton, England.
- The next Test Championship will be held between 2021-2023
© 2023 Civilstap Himachal Design & Development