- NIXI celebrated its 20th Foundation Day on June 19th (established in 2003).
- It is a not-for-profit organization (section 8 company) under Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY).
- It acts as a neutral meeting point of Internet service providers (ISPs) with primary objective of facilitating exchange of domestic internet traffic between peering ISP members.
- Four services under NIXI are-
- Setting IXPs, towards building Internet Exchange Points,
- .IN Registry, managing and operation of .IN country code domain and .BHARAT IDN (Internationalized Domain Name) domain for India.
- Indian Registry for Internet Names and Numbers (IRINN), managing and operating Internet Protocol (IPv4/IPv6).
- Data Centre services under NIXI-CSC towards data storage services.
© 2023 Civilstap Himachal Design & Development