- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) has launched “Meri LiFE” app to encourage and facilitate youth participation in combating climate change.
- “LiFE” stands for Lifestyle for environment
- It aims to showcase the power of citizens, especially young people, in saving the environment by emphasizing the impact of simple actions in daily lives.
- App has 5 themes– Save Energy, Save Water, Reduce Single Use Plastic, Adopt Sustainable Food Systems and Adopt Healthy Lifestyle.
- MoEF&CC has developed two dedicated portals i.–
- Mission LiFE Portal provides open access to over 100 creative videos, and knowledge materials created by Ministry.
- Meri LiFE Portal enables ministries and institutions to upload event reports and track progress of ongoing mass mobilisation drive.
ABOUT MISSION LIFE
- The idea of LiFE was introduced by the Indian Prime Minister during the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow in November 2021.
- The LiFE Movement aims to utilize the power of collective action and nudge individuals across the world to undertake simple climate-friendly actions in their daily lives.
- Additionally, it also seeks to leverage the strength of social networks to influence social norms surrounding climate.
The Mission plans to create and nurture a global network of individuals, namely ‘Pro-Planet People’ (P3).