- Context-The Indian Army recently launched the first Green Solar Energy harnessing plant in Sikkim.
About the plant
- The plant uses Vanadium based battery technology.
- It was built at an altitude of 16,000 feet.
- The capacity of the plant is 56 KVA.
- It was completed in collaboration with IIT Mumbai.
- Vanadium is a silver colored, transitional metal which is a good conductor of heat and electricity.
- Vanadium is used in making steel alloys, space vehicles, nuclear reactors, etc. It is also used in making girders, piston rods. Vanadium redox batteries are used in superconducting magnets. They are also used to create reliable renewable sources of energy.
© 2023 Civilstap Himachal Design & Development