Why in News ?
- India and United Kingdom have launched a new workstream to promote industrial energy efficiency. The workstream was launched under Industrial Deep Decarbonization Initiative (IDDI) of Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM).
12th Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM)
- 12thCEM is being organised by Chile in virtual mode. It was started on May 31 and will conclude on June 6.
- India and United Kingdom launched a new workstream which is also coordinated by United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO).
Industrial Deep Decarbonization Initiative (IDDI)
- Clean Energy Ministerial Industrial Deep Decarbonisation Initiative (IDDI) is a global coalition comprising of public and private organisations working together to stimulate demand of low carbon industrial materials.
- IDDI works to standardise carbon assessments and establish ambitious public & private sector procurement targets in collaboration with governments. It also incentivises investment into low-carbon product and design industrial guidelines. IDDI is coordinated by UNIDO while Co-led by India and UK.