Why in news ?
Recently, India has ranked tenth (10th) in Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) 2020 by ITU (International Telecommunication Union) by moving up 37 places.
- The affirmation came just ahead of the sixth anniversary of Digital India on 1st
- The US topped (1st), followed by the UK (United Kingdom) and Saudi Arabia tied on the second position together.
- Estonia was ranked third (3rd) in the index.
Results for India:
- India scored a total of 97.5 points from a possible maximum of 100 points, to make it to the tenth position worldwide in the GCI 2020.
- India secured the fourth position in the Asia Pacific region.
- India is emerging as a global IT superpower, asserting its digital sovereignty with firm measures to safeguard data privacy and online rights of citizens.
- The result shows substantial overall improvement and strengthening under all parameters of the cyber security domain.