Why in news?
- Bengaluru has been named as the most liveable city of India, in the Ease of Living Index 2020, released by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE).
- The Ease of Living Index 2020 is part of the report titled State of India’s Environment 2021. Bengaluru is followed by Chennai, Shimla, Bhubaneshwar, and Mumbai, as the top five best cities respectively.
- The report focused on four parameters to determine the ease of living index score of each city, which are: quality of life, economic ability, sustainability and citizens’ perceptions.
- Each city was rated out of 100 in all parameters.
- The Ease of Living Index 2020 is the second edition of the index after the first one was launched in 2018.
© 2023 Civilstap Himachal Design & Development