- CT scans have been in the news since some Covid positive patients with mild to moderate Covid symptoms, as well as those with negative RT-PCR results who have Covid symptoms, have requested the test.
About CT scan:
- CTS is also known as Computed Tomography Scan.
- It’s a non-invasive medical imaging procedure used in radiology to obtain accurate images of the body for diagnosis.
- CT scanners calculate X-ray attenuations by various tissues within the body using a revolving x-ray tube and a row of detectors in the gantry.
- The tomographic (cross-sectional) images (virtual “slices”) of a body are created using multiple X-ray measurements taken from various angles, which are then processed on a computer using reconstruction algorithms.
- Because of the negative effects of ionising radiation, its use is often limited.
© 2023 Civilstap Himachal Design & Development