- A seminar on ‘Seven Decades of the Constitution of India’ was held in context of India’s Presidency of AALCO.
- AALCO was established in 1956 as the outcome of Bandung Conference (1955), held in Indonesia.
- It was originally known as the Asian Legal Consultative Committee (ALCC)
- It has 47 member states including India.
- HQ- New Delhi
- Its main functions include assisting member states in drafting constitutions, model legislations and bilateral agreements upon request and providing expertise and assistance to member states in the appointment of arbitrators etc.
- It was initially formed to serve as an advisory board to member states on matters relating to international law.
- It launched the Integrated Scheme for Settlement of Disputes in the Economic and Commercial Transactions in 1978.
© 2024 Civilstap Himachal Design & Development