Why in News ?
- Weyan, a remote village in Bandipora district of Jammu & Kashmir became India’s first village to vaccinate all its adult population against COVID-19.
- This successful vaccination drive in village was the result of healthcare workers.
- Village, located 28 kilometres away from Bandipora district, has an adult population of 362.
- In village, distance of 18 kilometres is required to cover by foot as there is no motorable road.
- Village was covered under ‘J & K model’, which is a 10-point strategy to vaccinate entire population.
- Under the model, first strategy is booth-level management which involves preparation of eligible population list. It is followed by “Vaccine on Wheels” under which health officials reaches out to people in far-flung areas to vaccinate them.
© 2023 Civilstap Himachal Design & Development