WHY IN THE NEWS?
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) informed that the countdown for the launch of the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle-F10 EOS-03 mission has started.
Union minister of state (MoS), Jitendra Singh, recently confirmed in Lok Sabha that the Earth Observation Satellite-03 is scheduled to be launched on August 12.
About GSLV-F10 EOS-03 mission
- Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle-F10 (GSLV-F10) will launch Earth Observation Satellite (EOS-03) on August 12 from the second launch pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), Sriharikota.
- EOS-03 is a state-of-the-art agile Earth observation satellite. It will be placed in the Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit by GSLV-F10.
- The satellite will reach the geostationary orbit using its onboard propulsion system.
- The satellite will also carry a 4-metre diameter Ogive-shaped payload for the first time in this GSLV flight.
- This will be the fourteenth flight of GSLV.