Why in news ?
Abhimanyu Mishra has become the youngest ever Grandmaster on June 30, 2021.
- He achieved this title at just 12 years, four months and 25 days.
- He leaved behind the record of Russian Grand Master Sergey Karjakin. Sergey had completed his GM title in 2002 at the age of 12 years and seven months.
- Abhimanyu scored his third and final norm by defeating Leon Mendonca of India in penultimate round of Vezerkepzo GM tournament at Budapest.
- Abhimanyu was born in New-Jersey and has broken 19-year-old record.
- He achieved this feat at April Vezerkepzo tournament and May 2021 tournament.