Consider the following statements regarding Raja Rammohun Roy :
1. He was Born on May 22, 1772 in Radhanagar, Bengal.
2. He was the founder of Brahmo Samaj and always promoted modern and scientific approach.
3. He was given the title of Raja by Akbar II, the Mughal emperor.
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
- A dance drama based on the life of Raja Rammohun Roy, who is called the father of modern Indian society, will be organized in the evening of 5th and 6th November, 2022 at Kartavya Path and India Gate (Central Vista).
- Titled ‘Yugpurush Raja Rammohun Roy’, the program is based on the theme ‘Nari Samman’, which is being organised by Raja Ram Mohun Roy Library Foundation.
- A one-year long celebration was launched by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India on May 22, 2022, on the occasion of the 250th birth anniversary of Raja Ram Mohan Roy, as part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav
About Raja Rammohun Roy
- Born on May 22, 1772 in Radhanagar, Bengal, Raja Rammohun Roy played a remarkable role in the religious, social and political reforms of India.
- He was the founder of Brahmo Samaj and always promoted modern and scientific approach.
- He was given the title of Raja by Akbar II, the Mughal emperor. His influence was apparent in the fields of politics, public administration, educationand religion.
- He was known for his efforts to abolish the practices of satiand child marriage. Roy is considered to be the “Father of the Bengal Renaissance” by many historians.
What is “Niveshak Didi” initiative
About the Floating Financial Literacy Camp
- India’s First Floating Financial Literacy Camp was conducted as part of the launch of the initiative called “Niveshak Didi” in Jammu and Kashmir’s Srinagar.
- It was conducted among local residents around the famous Dal Lake in Srinagar.
- It focused on topics like:
- Various banking and financial products
- Importance of joining the mainstream financial services provided by various regulated entities
- Protection against various types of risks related to investments and frauds.
What is “Niveshak Didi” initiative?
- “Niveshak Didi” initiative is implemented based on the concept of “by the women, for the women”. This concept believes that women in rural regions are more comfortable sharing their queries to other women.
- The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) comes under the aegis of the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication. It is fully owned by the central government. This bank was launched on September 1, 2018 to become the most accessible, affordable and trusted bank for common man in India.
Seema Darshan Project is related to which of the following sector ?
- “Seema Darshan Project adds a new dimension to the tourism sector. It gives the opportunity to appreciate the resilience of those who live on the borders.
- Prime minister also complimented all those involved in eco-friendly and sustainable development.
- The prime minister also said that from this, the infrastructure creation and circular economy, both will get an impetus.
Seema Darshan Project
- This Seema Darshan has begun on the basis of Wagah Border pattern with a view to observe bravery of BSF Jawans. Only a Wagah border is a border outpost across India-Pakistan borders where both the countries perform drill retreat and people can enjoy observing it.
- The attractions at the border viewing point will be a retreat ceremony by the BSF, fusion band performance, camel show and bird watching.
- Visitors will also be able to watch an exhibition of weapons, a photo gallery and a film on BSF at the newly developed border viewing point by Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited (TCGL).
The Ganga Utsav- The River Festivals 2022 is being organized by Which of the following ministries?
- Ministry of Jal Shakti is organizing Ganga Utsav- The River Festivals 2022 on 4th November 2022 at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in New Delhi in two separate sessions.
- The Ganga Utsav- The River Festivals 2022 is being organized by the collaboration of The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, and the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- NMGC will make Ganga Utsav- The River Festivals 2022 more colorful with the active and inspirational participation of multiple stakeholders.
- One of the main objectives of Ganga Utsav 2022 is to celebrate rives and spread awareness of the significance of river rejuvenation across river basins in India.
Which of the following Institute recently developed the first indigenous Overhauser Magnetometer?
- OVH Magnetometers are known for their higher accuracy, higher sensitivity, and efficient power consumption.
- The Indian Institute of Geomagnetism (IIG), an autonomous research institution under DST, has developed the Magnetometers.
- A team from IIG’s instrumentation division used various spectroscopic tools and theoretical simulations to understand the working.
- They find applications in all magnetic observatories worldwide as well as in international space programs.
- It has so far been imported for such purposes in India.
Benefits of OVH magnetometers
- OVH magnetometers reduce the cost of sampling and sensing experiments essential for geomagnetic sampling.
- It can reduce India’s dependence on commercial OVH magnetometers for performing geomagnetic field measurements.
Maharishi Sandipani Rashtriya Ved Vidya Pratisthan was opened in which of the following city ?
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated India’s second Rashtriya Adarsh Veda Vidyalaya (RAVV) in Puri.
- The Rashtriya Adarsh Veda Vidyalaya has been launched to spread knowledge of the Vedas among people. Rastriya Adarsh Veda Vidyalaya which is also called the National Model Vedic School.
- Maharishi Sandipani Rashtriya Ved Vidya Pratisthan is the first such school in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.
- In the Rashtriya Adarsh Veda Vidyalaya, students will also get the opportunity to opt for science, english, mathematics, social science, computer science, and agriculture.
- Admissions will be based on merit in the ‘Veda Bhusan’ fourth (class 9), ‘Veda Bhusan’ fifth (class 10), ‘Veda Vibhushan’ first (Class 11), and ‘Veda Vibhushan’ second (class 12).
- The courses will begin in the 2022-23 academic year.
- Four more such schools will come up at Badrinath in Uttrakhand, Sringeri in Karnataka, Dwarka in Gujarat, and Guwahati in Assam.
What is the new name of Hollongi Greenfield Airport situated in Itanagar?
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for the naming of the new Greenfield Airport at Hollongi, Itanagar, the State Capital of Arunachal Pradesh as “Donyi Polo Airport, Itanagar”.
- In January 2019, the Government of India had given its “in-principle” approval for the construction of the Hollongi Greenfield Airport.
- The airport is being developed by the Airports Authority of India (AAI) with assistance from the Central Government and the State Government of Arunachal Pradesh.
India Donates how much amount to Support Education, Healthcare of Palestinian Refugees
- India presented the second tranche of aid of USD 2.5 million to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) for the financial year 2022-2023.
- India’s Representative Office in Ramallah said this will support the agency’s core programs and services, including education, healthcare, relief and social services.
- “The Government of India presented USD 2.5 million (second tranche of a total contribution of USD 5 million for the Financial Year 2022-2023) to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), in support of the Agency’s core programmes and services, including education, healthcare, relief and social services,” Representative Office of India Ramallah said in a statement.