Which of the following substances undergo ‘sublimation’ on heating
Amalgam is a term used for an alloy of a metal with:
Gammaxene, D.D.T. and Bleaching powder are important compounds of :
L.P.G. is a hydrocarbon consisting of a mixture of
Gargling with a solution of table salt is known to provide relief for a sore throat because ___ ?
Answer – C
- A warm salt water gargle soothes the inflamed membranes of your throat and prevents further thickening. The salt in water helps in dehydration in the swollen part of the throat and flushes out all the bacteria in the throat.
Polymetallic Modules (PMN) predominantly contain_____?
Aluminium is getting popular worldwide today as a ―Green Metal. Which among the following properties of Aluminium makes it a Green Metal?
Now a days, a little pack of Silica Gel (granular beads of Silica made from Sodium Silicate) comes with many products to control humidity and avoid spoilage or degradation of some goods. Which among the following property of Silica gel makes it useful for that purpose?
Consider the following statements:
1. The space between the valence and conduction bands is zero in Graphene
2. This property of Graphene makes it an excellent transistor of commercial viability
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
For respiration in deep sea, divers use mixture of -
The minimum temperature at which a combustible substance catches fire is called -
Haber Process is used to produce which among the following?
Which among the following is the unit of the scale used for measurement of the spicy heat of a chili pepper?
Which among the following is – Fool’s Gold ?
Answer – B
- The mineral pyrite, or iron pyrite, also known as fool’s gold, is an iron sulphide with the chemical formula FeS₂. Pyrite is the most abundant sulphide mineral. Pyrite’s metallic lustre and pale brass-yellow hue give it a superficial resemblance to gold, hence the well-known nickname of fool’s gold
Which among the following acid is used to ascertain, whether pure Ghee has been adulterated with Vanaspati or Margarine?
Answer – C
- Ghee Vanaspati or Margarine Take about one tea spoon full of melted sample of Ghee with equal quantity of concentrated Hydrochloric acidin a stoppered test tube and add to it a pinch of sugar. Shake for one minute and let it for five minutes. Appearance of crimson colour in lower (acid) of Vanaspati or Margarine
Which among the following first increases than decreases in a Period of a periodic table?
Kimberley Process is related to which among the following ?
Pearl is mainly made up of which among the following?
Which among the following is not correctly matched?
Which among the following gives hissing sound when dissolved into H2O?