Xylem is the specialized tissue of the plants that transports water and nutrients from the soil to the upper parts like stems and leaves of plant and provides mechanical support to them. It is composed of four different types of the cells. Which of the following is not one a type of cell found in xylem tissues?
While doing work and running, you move your organs like hands, legs, etc. Which among the following is correct?
Which is not a function of epidermis?
Select the incorrect sentence.
- A tendon is a fibrous connective tissue that attaches muscle to bone.
- Tendons may also attach muscles to structures such as the eyeball.
- A tendon serves to move the bone or structure.
Simple epithelium is a tissue, which form the outer protective layer of the skin of the animal body, is composed of cells which are
- Simple epithelium is made of a single layer of cells. It functions as a lining for ducts, body cavities and tubes. The simple epithelium is of three types –
- Squamous epithelium – It is a thin layer of flat cells with irregular boundaries. E.g., Cells lining the walls of blood vessels.
- Cuboidal epithelium – It is a mono-layer of cube-like cells. E.g., Cells lining the ducts of glands.
- Columnar epithelium – It is a mono-layer of slender, tall cells. E.g., Cells lining the stomach and intestine.
|Simple Epithelium||Compound Epithelium|
|It is a single layer of cells.||It consists of more than one layer of cells.|
|Its main function is absorption, secretion and diffusion.||Its main function is protection against mechanical and chemical stress.|
|It is found in the lining of blood vessels, air sacs, stomach, intestine, etc.||It is found in the lining of the skin, pharynx, buccal cavity, etc.|
Choose the option that best describes the characteristics of the kingdom to which the mushroom belongs:
Which of the following statement is incorrect?
In taxonomic hierarchy family comes between
Rutherford’s ‘alpha (α) particles scattering experiment’ resulted in the discovery of
What prevents an atom from being collapsed?