The first enzyme that food comes in contact with is
Which among the following is the correct increasing order of pH found in human body?
Answer : A
Gastric juice have pH between 1.5 to 3.5
Blood has pH 7.4
Saliva has a pH normal range of 6.2-7.6 with 6.7 being the average pH.
Which of the following is produced in stomach.
Choose correct code:
Which one of the following is considered as 'good cholesterol' with reference to individuals facing the risk of cardio-vascular diseases and hypertension?
Which one of the following hormones is essential for the uptake of glucose by cells in the human body?
Dental formula of adult man is
To prevent the entry of food into the trachea, the opening is guarded by ____________
Which one of the following vitamins helps in clotting of blood?
Which of the following pairs of Interaction is/are correctly matched?
Interaction - Type Nature
1. Amensalism - One species is harmed and the other benefits.
2. Commensalism - One species harms the other species without itself being adversely affected.
3. Neutralism - One species do interact with other species but do not affect each other.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
Consider the following statements with respect to Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD):
1. It is an international nonbinding treaty with the aim of conservation of biodiversity.
2. Submission of national reports is a mandatory obligation on Parties to CBD.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
UNESCO’s list of world heritage sites includes-
1. Great Himalayan National Park Conservation Area
2. Keoladeo National Park
3. Nanda Devi and Valley of Flowers National Parks
4. Sundarbans National Park
5. Eastern Ghats
According to IUCN Red List, which of the following categories are included in the threatened list?
1. Critically endangered
4. Near threatened
Which Protocol/Convention aims to ensure the safe handling, transport and use of living modified organisms (LMOs) resulting from modern biotechnology? Code:
Rio+20 conference is also known as