Which of the following statement is incorrect in context of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)?
Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct?
1. In the Gopalan case (1950), the Supreme Court declared that the protection under Article 21 is available only against arbitrary executive action.
2. Article 21 of the Indian Constitution explicitly mentions the 'due process of law'.
Which of the following statement is incorrect regarding Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS)?
Consider the following statements:
1. Protection of Human Rights Act of 1993 provides for the creation of National Human Rights Commission and State Human Rights Commission.
2. Chairperson of the state Human Rights Commission (SHRC) is appointed and removed by the President of India.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Which of the following statements in the context of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India is not correct?
1. CAG compiles and maintains accounts of both central and state governments.
2. CAG is removed by the President on the same grounds and in the same manner as a Supreme Court judge
3. CAG submits annual audit report to the President of India only.
Which of the following statements in the context of the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) is not correct?
In reference to Special Officer for Linguistic Minorities, consider the following statements:
1. In pursuance of the provision of Article 350-B of the Constitution, the office of the Special Officer for Linguistic Minorities was created in 1960.
2. The office falls under the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
The Supreme Court is bound to declare a law as invalid if it violates:
1. Fundamental Rights
2. Directive Principles of State Policy
3. Fundamental Duties
Select the correct answer using code given below.
The State government is required to appoint a State Finance Commission once in five years under Article:
'To provide early childhood care and education for all children until they complete the age of six years' is a provision made in the:
Which of the following statement is incorrect in case of impeachment of the President?
In context of Governor in India, Consider the following statements:
1. As per the original constitution of India commenced on 26th January 1950, the same person can be the Governor of two or more states.
2. Governor of the state appoints the chief minister and other ministers of a state.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
Which of the following statements are correct regarding National Green Tribunal (NGT)?
1. It is a non-statutory body.
2. The Tribunal is mandated to make and endeavor for disposal of applications or appeals finally within 6 months of filing.
3. Justice Lokeshwar Singh Panta was the first Chairman of NGT.
Consider the following items:
1. Public order
Which of the items given above come under the Union list in the Constitution of India?
Which of the following grant is given in advance by the Parliament to enable the government to carry on until the voting of demands for grants and the passing of the Appropriation Bill and Finance Bill?