Which of these were not involved in strengthening the theory of Drain of Wealth
1. M.G. Ranade
2. Romesh Chandra Dutt
3. Dadabhai Naoriji
What is the correct chronological sequence of the following rulers of Bengal?
1. Murshid Quli Khan
2. Sarfaraz Khan
3. Ali Vardi Khan
Consider the following statement about Tipu Sultan—
1. He made no treaty with the British
2. He had no quarrel with the Marathas
3. He sought French alliance
4. He fell fighting against the British
Which of these statements are correct—
The Rajarajeshvaram temple was constructed by —
- Brihadeshwara Temple, also known as Raja Rajeshwara Temple, is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is located in Thanjavur (Tamil Nadu). It was built by Chola emperor Raja Raja Chola I. This temple entered the UNESCO World Heritage Site list in 1987.
‘Hijrat’ the Muslim era began in —
What is hijrat in Islam?
“Hijrat” is an Arabic word, derived from “hijr,” means “to depart.” It is also used for “to shift” or “abandonment.” In Islam, it generally means “to give up one’s own land” or “to migrate from one place to another place” mostly for the sake of Deen/faith and Allah.
Match the following:
(a) Kumaramatayas 1. Guptas
(b) Mahamatayas 2. Mauryas
(c) Nimataras 3. Cholas
(d) Sumant 4. Marathas
The long Palam Baoli inscription at Delhi in the classical Sanskrit characteristically claims that owing to the ruler's 'benign rule'; the God Vishnu, 'relinquishing all worries sleeps in peace on the ocean of milk'. About which ruler it has been claimed?
- The Baoli in Palam Village of Delhi, which was built in 1274 AD during Balban’s time (Slave Dynasty) has the following inscription: “The land of Hariyanaka was first enjoyed by the Tomaras and then by the Chauhanas. It is now ruled by the Saka Kings”. It should be noted that Slave Dynasty Kings were locally known as Saka Kings at that time. The nameof this city is mentioned as Dhillipura and Yoginipura in the inscription which also contains the list of all rulers of Slave Dynasty upto Balban.
- This rule out other options such as Allauddin Khalji, Firuz Shah Tughlaq, and Iltutmish from the option.
- Palam Baoli inscription noted “the earth being now supported by this sovereign (Sultan Balban 1266-87), Shesa naga altogether forsaking his duty of supporting the weight of the globe, has betaken himself to the great bed of Vishnu; and Vishnu himself… relinquishing all worries, sleeps in peace on the ocean of milk”.
Which of these statements related to Nana Sahib are correct
a. He was the adopted son of the late Peshwa Baji Rao II.
b. He led the revolt of 1857 from Pune.
c. Tantia Tope was the general of Nana Saheb in the 1857 revolt.
- He was the adopted son of the late Peshwa Baji Rao II. He was the successor of Peshwa Baji Rao II. Tantia Tope was the general of Nana Saheb in the 1857 revolt
Give the chronological order—
Kautilya – Mauryan period(3RD CENTURY BC)
Jayadeva- 12th century
Banabhatta- 7th century
Harisena-Gupta period (4TH CENTURY)
Which of these statements related Harisena are correct
a. Hirisena, was a 4th-century Sanskrit poet.
b. His most famous poem, written c. 345 C.E., describes the bravery of Samudragupta and is inscribed on the Allahabad Pillar.
c. He was an important figure in the court of Gupta emperor, chandragupta-I.
Harisena, also called Harishena or Hirisena, was a 4th-century Sanskrit poet, and government minister.
He was an important figure in the court of Gupta emperor, Samudragupta.
His most famous poem, written c. 345 C.E., describes the bravery of Samudragupta and is inscribed on the Allahabad Pillar.
Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists—
List-I - List-II
(a) Chinnama 1. Gadkari Revolt, 1844
(b) Haji Shariatulla 2. Faraizi Movement, 1888
(c) Alluri Sitaram Raju 3. Rampa Uprising, 1922
(d) Krishna Daji Pandit 4. Kittur Uprising, 1824
Which of these was the reason of revolt of 1857?
a. Economic exploitation of the country by the British.
b. News of mixing of bone dust in wheat flours.
c. Subsidiary Alliance – Lord Wellesley
In which book did, Dadabhai Nauroji presents his ‘Drain of wealth theory’?
Which of these were members of the hunter committee/disorders enquiry committee
1. Sir Chimanlal Harilal Setalvad
2. Pandit Jagat Narayan
3. Sir Sankaran Nair
Choose the correct code
Members of the hunter Committee/DISORDERS ENQUIRY COMMITTEE:
- There were three Indians among the members, namely:
- Sir Chimanlal Harilal Setalvad, Vice-Chancellor of Bombay University and advocate of the Bombay High Court.
- Pandit Jagat Narayan, lawyer and Member of the Legislative Council of the United Provinces
- Sardar Sahibzada Sultan Ahmad Khan, lawyer from Gwalior State.
Which Of These Was/Were Not among the Pro-changers During Gaya Session Of INC.
1. C.R. Das
2. M A Ansari
3. Motilal Nehru
4. Ajmal Khan