With reference to the Solar system, which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. All planets orbit around the sun in counter-clockwise direction.
2. All other planets have density more than that of Saturn.
3. Most of the planets have natural satellite.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
Which one of the following statements is correct with reference to the ''Earth’s Axial tilt‘’?
1. Axial tilt determines the length of day and night on Earth.
2. It has no effect on the seasons on earth.
Select the correct option using the code given below:
Sun's halo is produced by the refraction of light in:
Diamond ring is a phenomenon observed:
Answer : C
Diamond ring is observed during solar eclipse, only along the peripheral regions of the totality trail.
The diamond-ring effect occurs at the beginning and end of totality during a total solar eclipse. As the last bits of sunlight pass through the valleys on the moon’s limb, and the faint corona around the sun is just becoming visible, it looks like a ring with glittering diamonds on it.
It is a most lovely sight, which typically merely lasts a second or so. The highly transient diamond ring effect really shows that the universe is not as static as it looks like.
Consider the following statements:
1. The Axis of the earth's magnetic field is inclined at 23 and half to the geographic axis of the earth.
2. The earth's magnetic pole in the Northern Hemisphere is located on a Peninsula in Northern Canada.
3. The earth's magnetic equator passes through Thumba in South India.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Consider the following statements regarding Sunspots:
1. Sunspots are darker, cooler areas on the surface of the earth formed by eclipse.
2. They are caused by interactions with the Sun’s electric field.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
Which of the following has longest day and nights?
Consider the following statements about the circle of illumination:
1. The circle of illumination is the circle that divides the day from night on the globe.
2. It takes 365¼ days (one year) for the earth to revolve around the sun.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
The term “Goldilocks Zone” is used in which of the following context