Which country has successfully test-fired Hypersonic Cruise Missile ‘Zircon’ & Anti-Satellite Missile ‘Nudol’?
- Russian Navy successfully test-fired the ‘Zircon’ Hypersonic Cruise Missile from Frigate – Admiral Gorshkov warship, which rightly hit the test target placed in the Russian Arctic waters.
- Russia destroyed its own satellite in low-earth orbit using an Anti-Satellite (ASAT) Missile named ‘Nudol’, which led to the formation of a cloud of space debris that could potentially destroy other orbiting satellites & the International Space Station (ISS).
Who has won the 2021 National Book Award for fiction for his novel “Hell of a Book”?
Winners of 2021 National Book Awards:
|Category||Book ||Author |
|Fiction||Hell of a Book||Jason Mott|
|Non-Fiction||All That She Carried: The Journey of Ashley’s Sack, a Black Family Keepsake||Tiya Miles|
|Young People’s Literature||Last Night at the Telegraph Club||Malinda Lo|
|Best Translated Literature||Winter in Sokcho||Elisa Shua Dusapin and translator Aneesa Abbas Higgins|
(translated from French)
The first All-India Survey on Domestic Workers was launched recently by which of the following Ministry?
The first All-India Survey on Domestic Workers was launched recently.
Ministry: Labour and Employment Ministry
- The first-of-its-kind survey in India
- The survey would be completed in a year.
Carried out by Labour Bureau
- Estimating the number of domestic workers at the national and state levels
- Those engaged in informal employment
- Migrant and non-migrant workers
- Domestic workers staying at their employers’ homes and those who do not; their wages
Broad parameters to be covered:
- Household Characteristics such as HH size, Religion, Social Group.
- Demographic Characteristics such as Name, Age,
- Age of entry, Social Group, Migrant status, Vocational Training/Education
- Information on Employer Households.
Renowned Punjabi folk singer __________ has passed away following a prolonged illness.
- Renowned Punjabi folk singer Gurmeet Bawa has passed away following a prolonged illness. She was 77.
- Gurmeet was best known for her long ‘hek’ (Breathless opening of a Punjabi folk song calling “ho” to create a melodious voice with an unbreakable wave) that she could hold for about 45 seconds.
- She came to fame after she started performing on Doordarshan and thus became the first Punjabi female singer to appear on the national television channel.
Which state has topped the IPF Smart Policing Index 2021 released by the Indian Police Foundation (IPF)?
- Andhra Pradesh Police has topped the ‘IPF Smart Policing’ Index 2021, among 29 states and Union Territories, released by the Indian Police Foundation (IPF). Andhra Pradesh has secured the first rank with an overall score of 8.11 out of 10.
- Telangana Police is in the second position with 8.10 points while Assam Police has secured the third position with an overall rating of 7.89. With a score of 5.81, Uttar Pradesh is ranked at 28th position and Bihar has occupied the last position with 5.74 points
‘Har Ghar Dastak’ campaign is associated with which of the following?
According to ICMR, There is no scientific evidence so far to support the need for a booster vaccine dose against COVID-19
- According to officials, around 82% of the eligible population in India have received the first dose of the vaccine while around 43% have been fully vaccinated.
What is the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)?
- ICMR, New Delhi is the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination, and promotion of biomedical research.
- Ministry: Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- It is funded by the Government of India
- The Governing Body of ICMR is presided over by the Union Health Minister.
‘Har Ghar Dastak ’ campaign
- A month-long ‘Har Ghar Dastak’ campaign launched for house-to-house COVID-19 vaccination.
Recently Doordarshan and All India Radio received awards in Kuala Lumpur, In this context which of the following statement is/are correct?
Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU)-UNESCO Peace Media Awards 2021 were presented at Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.
- In the award event, Doordarshan and All India Radio received multiple awards.
- Multiple awards showcased the excellence of Prasar Bharati in quality content creation, TV shows and Radio shows, to the world.
Which programmes won the award?
- Programme ‘DEAFinitely Leading the Way’ of Doordarshan won the award under the ‘Living Well with Super Diversity’ category.
- All India Radio’s programme called ‘Living on the edge – The coastal lives’ won the award in the ‘Ethical & Sustainable Relationship with Nature’ category.
Who presented the award?
Awards were given by UNESCO in collaboration with ABU, under an initiative called ‘Together for Peace’ (T4P). This competition was open for TV, Radio and digital platforms.
‘DEAFinitely Leading the Way’ programme
This programme is about inspiring the journey of a specially-abled child. The purpose of this programme is to motivate specially-abled persons to live their life with dignity. It was produced and directed by the Programme Executive of Doordarshan Delhi, Mr Pradeep Agnihotri.
‘Living on the edge – The coastal lives’
This series by All India Radio explores life for fishing communities who are living on the edge of Visakhapatnam. The series was devised and produced by the Programme Executive of All India Radio, Delhi, Ms Monika Gulati.
ABU-UNESCO T4P Media Awards
This award highlight and promote the crucial role of ethical & independent journalism and citizens’ media literacy in order to build positive peace in human minds. Positive peace does not only mean the absence of conflicts & war but striving for equitable & fair societies having sustainable relations with the environment.