The theme of 2022 International Women’s Day is-
- International Women’s Day (IWD)is celebrated globally on March 8 every year. The day recognises the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The event celebrates women’s achievements and raises awareness about women’s equality and lobbies for accelerated gender parity.
- The theme of 2022 International Women’s Day is “gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow”.
- International Women’s Day is celebrated to recognise the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. Organisations like colleges and institutions across the world celebrate International Women’s Day by holding public speeches, rallies, exhibitions, workshops and seminars on themes and concepts, debates, quiz competitions and lectures.
- The United Nations began celebrating International Women’s Day in the International Women’s Year,
- In 1977, the United Nations General Assembly invited member states to proclaim March 8 as the UN Day for women’s rights and world peace.
Consider the following statements about Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan Yojana-
1. It is compulsory contributory pension scheme to ensure protection for unorganized workers.
2. The beneficiary gets a Minimum Assured Pension of Rs. 3,000 per month after attaining the age of 60 years.
Which of the above statements are correct?
- Union Minister of Labour & Employment (MoL&E), has launched ‘Donate-a-Pension’ programme under Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan Yojana (PM-SYM) for people to contribute to the pension fund to their support staff.
- This initiative is one of the events planned by MoL&E, for the ‘Iconic Week’ celebration observed from 7th to 13th March 2022, which is a part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’- an initiative of the Government of India to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture and achievements.
About Donate-a-Pension initiative:
- An initiative under the PM-SYM pension scheme that encourages people to donate the premium contribution of their immediate support staff such as domestic workers, drivers, helpers, care givers, nurses, in their household or establishment or any other eligible unorganized workers.
- The donor can pay one year’s initial contribution in one time or for more than a one-year period.
- The donation amount for a year is minimum Rs. 660 and maximum up to Rs. 2400 depending on the age of the beneficiary.
- The minimum donation period is one year.
- The donor can donate on https://maandhan.in/ or visit their nearest Common Service Centre.
About Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan Yojana (PM-SYM):
- A voluntary and contributory pension scheme launched in 2019, to ensure protection for unorganized workers, whose monthly income is below Rs. 15,000, age group of 18 – 40 years.
- Eligibility-They should not be engaged in Organized Sector (member of EPFO/NPS/ESIC) or an income tax payer.
- Features of PM-SYM: Each subscriber under PM-SYM shall receive,
- A Minimum Assured Pension of Rs. 3,000 per month after attaining the age of 60 years.
- If a subscriber dies during the receipt of the pension, the spouse of the beneficiary shall be entitled to receive 50% of the pension as Family Pension.
Who has been recently selected to represent India at the 2041 Climate Force Antarctica Expedition?
- Aarushi Verma, a national-level shooter and an environmentalist hailing from Delhi has been selected to represent India at the 2041 Climate Force Antarctica Expedition which is set to be held in March 2022.
- Aarushi Verma is a national level shooter in Pistol and trap shooting and a State & Northern India Champion & National medalist, and an active environmentalist.
- She will be fully supported and sponsored by The Hans Foundation.
2041 Climate Force Antarctica Expedition:
- 2041 Climate Force is a global initiative to train and develop the next generation of sustainability champions and to help corporations with their sustainability solutions.
- This carbon negative’ expedition also aims to inspire, develop and train the next generation of leaders to promote a more sustainable future.
- This also includes the ‘Leadership on the edge’ program
- Aim: To raise awareness and work for the preservation of Antarctica through the promotion of recycling, renewable energy and sustainability solutions to combat the effects of climate change.
- Journey: The unique 12-day educational journey to the south pole on the most dynamic Antarctic sea expedition, by ship to the ‘last great wilderness on earth’.
About Climate Force
- The Climate Force is a 7-year commitment to clean up 360 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) from the atmosphere through strategic offsetting partnerships.
- 2041 Climate Force is derived from the year which marks the Madrid Protocol protecting Antarctica from exploitation would come up for debate, revision, and/ or possible cancellation.
- The participants of the expedition will graduate as ‘Ambassadors for the Antarctic’.
Aama Yojna, scheme to inculcate the habit of saving among non-working mothers, has been recently launched in-
- Chief Minister of Sikkim has announced that the State Govt. will soon implement ‘Aama Yojna’, a scheme for helping non-working mothers & ‘Bahini Scheme’ benefitting girl students of the state.
About Aama Yojna:
- The scheme aims to inculcate the habit of saving among non-working mothers in the state and hence the Govt. will provide them Rs. 20,000 each in their bank accounts annually.
- The scheme covers only those whose names are enrolled in the electoral roll of the state and a sum of Rs.100 crores has been allocated for it in the budget.
About Bahini Scheme:
- The aim of this scheme is to reduce the dropout rate of girl students due to lack of accessibility/availability of Sanitary Napkins & also to ensure menstrual health and hygiene.
- Under this scheme, over 18,000 girl students who study in class 9 and above are provided with free sanitary napkins in the state.
- The State Govt. also has plans to set-up sanitary napkin vending machines in schools and also increase awareness and sensitization programmes about menstrual health & hygiene.
Consider the following statements regarding Kanya Shikhsa Pravesh Utsav Campaign-
1. It is launched by Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD), in partnership with the Ministry of Education and UNICEF.
2. Its objective is of enhancing enrolment and retention of girls between 11-14 years of age in school.
Which of the above statements are correct?
- On the eve of International Women’s Day, the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD), in partnership with the Ministry of Education and UNICEF, launched a landmark campaign Kanya Shikhsa Pravesh Utsav to bring back out of school adolescent girls in India to the formal education and/or skilling system.
- The campaign has been launched with the objective of enhancing enrolment and retention of girls between 11-14 years of age in school.
- The initiative intends to build on the existing schemes and programmes like Schemes for Adolescent Girls (SAG),Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) and National Education Policy (NEP) to work on a comprehensive system for out of school girls. The campaign will be rolled out under the umbrella of MoWCD’s BBBP initiative by targeting more than 400,000 out of school adolescent girls as primary beneficiaries.
- Over 400 districts across all states will be funded under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme for outreach and awareness generation at grassroot level to sensitize communities and families to enrol adolescent girls in schools, over and above the funding from Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan and the Anganwadi workers (AWWs) will be further incentivised for counselling and referring out of school adolescent girls.
A special entrepreneurship promotion drive for women -"SAMARTH" has been recently launched by-
- On the occasion of International Women’s Day 2022, Union Minister for MSME, Shri Narayan Rane along with Minister of State for MSME, Shri Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma launched a Special Entrepreneurship Promotion Drive for Women -“SAMARTH“.
- Under the Samarth initiative of the Ministry, following benefits will be available to aspiring and existing women entrepreneurs:
- 20% Seats in free Skill Development Programs organized under skill development schemes of the Ministry will be allocated for Women. More than 7500 women will be benefitted.
- 20% of MSME Business Delegations sent to domestic & international exhibitions under the schemes for Marketing Assistance implemented by Ministry will be dedicated to women owned MSMEs.
- 20% Discount on annual processing fee on NSIC’s Commercial Schemes
- Special Drive for registrationof women-owned MSMEs under Udyam Registration.
- Objective-Through this initiative, Ministry of MSME is focusing on providing Skill Development and Market Development Assistance to women and more than 7500 women candidates from rural and sub- urban areas will be trained in the FY 2022-23. Besides, thousands of women will be getting marketing opportunities to showcase their products in domestic and international exhibitions.
Consider the following statements regarding Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme-
1. SVEP is a sub-component of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) of the Ministry of Rural Development.
2. It aims to support entrepreneurs in rural areas to set-up enterprises at the village-level in non-agricultural sectors.
Which of the above statements are correct?
- National Institute of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD) — an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) to develop a sustainable model for promoting entrepreneurship at the grass roots by initiating the Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP).
Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme
- SVEP is a sub-component of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) of the Ministry of Rural Development.
- It aims to support entrepreneurs in rural areas to set-up enterprises at the village-level in non-agricultural sectors.
- The partnership will enable the rural community by helping them set up their trades and provide complete support till they are stabilized. This pragmatic intervention will provide knowledge, advisory and financial support to the public and will help create village-level community cadre.
- Under the partnership rural entrepreneurs will be able to access banking systems for receiving financial support for starting their enterprises, including support from MUDRA bank.
- Integrated ICT techniques and tools will also be provided for training and capacity building along with enterprise advisory services to augment the entrepreneurship ecosystem in India’s villages. The beneficiaries of the project are from the Self-Help Group (SHG) ecosystem of DAY-NRLM and the scheme not only supports existing enterprises but new enterprises as well.
The Swatantrata Sainik Samman Yojanahas comes under the ambit of which ministry?
- The government has approved the continuation of the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Yojana (SSSY) and its components for the financial years 2021-22 to 2025-26, with a financial outlay of Rs 3,274.87 crore.
- Under this scheme, freedom fighters, and their dependents are given financial benefits and pensions.
- Under this scheme, 23,566 beneficiaries are covered across the country.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs prepared the proposal for the continuation of the SSSY.
- The pension amount has been revised with time and since August 2016 Dearness Relief is also been given.
About Swatantrata Sainik Samman Yojana
- This is a scheme of the central government for granting pensions to freedom fighters and to their families. This grant is provided from the Central Revenues.
- As a gesture of respect for their contributions to the national freedom movement, the scheme provides a monthly Samman Pension to freedom fighters.
- After their demise, pension is given to their eligible dependents viz. unemployed and unmarried daughters, spouses, and dependent parents, as per the prescribed eligibility procedure and norms.