An artificial intelligence (AI) led digital tag ‘Surabhi e-Tag’ has been recently in news. It is supposed to be used for-
- Dvara E-Dairy Solutions, a portfolio company of Dvara Holdings has launched an artificial intelligence (AI) led digital tag ‘Surabhi e-Tag’ to identify cattle based on muzzle identity.
- This will be used for cattle insurance products offered in partnership with IFFCO Tokio General Insurance.
- Muzzle images of the cattle are collected through the Surabhi mobile application and stored in hi-resolution images as a unique digital identity.
- The artificial intelligence-driven mobile application of Dvara E-Dairy captures muzzle images with the mobile phone, compares the cattle’s unique digital identity stored in a secured cloud server and retrieves the results in less than 60 seconds.
- Conventional methods like polyurethane ear tags (PU ear tags) can be easily tampered with and are prone to duplication and fraud.
- Also, Injectable Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tags are considered expensive and require specialized skills.
- On the other hand, muzzle printing or nose printing is a unique identifier because it perceives patchy traits on the muzzle of cattle, just like human fingerprints.
Who has recently been named AIFF men’s Footballer of Year 2020-21?
- Senior India defender, Sandesh Jhingan was named the AIFF men’s Footballer of the Year 2020-21 season.
- It is the first time that the towering central defender has received the AIFF Player of the Year award, having won the Emerging Player of the Year Award in 2014.
- While midfielder Suresh Singh Wangjam was picked as the Emerging Player for the year award for 2020-21.
- The 20-year-old Suresh, who made his Blue Tigers debut earlier this year against Oman, was part of the Indian side that competed at the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2017.
Rubina Francis has set a world record in 10m air pistol event at the ongoing Para Sport Cup in Peru. To which state does she belong?
- Madhya Pradesh shooter, Rubina Francis has set a world record at the ongoing Para Sport Cup in Peru.
- She has won gold in the 10-meter air pistol para-event for women. Scoring 238.1 points, she went past the world record of Aysegul Pehlivanlar of Turkey. This win also secured her the quota for India at the Tokyo Summer Paralympics 2020.
- Over the years, she has earned more than 15 medals from national and international events.
- Presently, Rubina is training under the guidance of Jaspal Rana, former shooter and coach of the Junior Indian Pistol Shooting Team.
Sikkil R Bhaskaran, who passed away recently, was a noted-
- Noted Carnatic Classical Violinist ‘Kalaimaamani’ Sikkil Shri R Bhaskaranpassed away. He started learning the Violin at the age of 11 from Thiruvarur Shri Subba Iyer and later trained under Mayuram Shri Govindarajan Pillai.
- He was an ‘A” Grade Artist of AIR and has served for nearly 2 decades in Chennai radio Station from 1976 to 1994.
- Bhaskaran has served as an Executive Committee member of the Thiruvaiyaru Thyaga Brahma Festival for more than 2 decades. During his close to 5 decades of Musical Career, Bhaskaran has been bestowed with many laurels, Awards & Honours.
Four new sports have been introduced in Tokyo Olympics. Which of the following is not one of them?
Four new sports have been introduced in the Tokyo Olympics. They are karate, skateboarding, surfing and sport climbing.
Martial art, since the 1970s, has been a candidate for Olympic inclusion but the organizers never agreed to accept this sport until the Tokyo Games presented the perfect opportunity to showcase this sport from its homeland.
The three days of competition will be held at Nippon Budokan and will feature talented Kumite competitors in three weight divisions. Due to its resurgent popularity in televisions and movies, viewers are hoping to enjoy this sport.
Skateboard’s debut was done by the organizers to attract young audiences. The audience will be able to see high-flying stunts and tricks. The competitors are between 12 to 47 years.
There will be at least three days of competition spread over an eight-day period. The events will mostly be determined on the day based on surf conditions. Since the year 1995, the International Surfing Association has been lobbying for the inclusion of this sport, and it makes a debut in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
In recent years climbing has reached new heights and hence it makes its debut in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. In the lead discipline, Climbers scale a 15-meter wall which is filled with a variety of holds. Bouldering involves dynamic movements and in the Speed category, a race to the top is held between the participants.
India recently got its 39th World Heritage site that is Rudreswara Temple. It is situated in-
Rudreswara Temple which is located at Palampet, Mulugu district, in the state of Telangana has been inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage list. On 25th July 2021, this decision was taken at the 44th session of UNESCO’s World Heritage Committee. Ramappa temple was proposed by the government of India as its sole nomination for UNESCO World Heritage.
Which famous and one of the wettest places in India is also known as Sohra?
The Green Sohra Afforestation Campaign at Sohra (Cherrapunji) was launched by Home Minister Amit Shah. “Evergreen Northeast”, was the slogan given for this campaign highlighting the importance of tree plantation and afforestation. This campaign will be run by the Assam Rifles and the Meghalaya.
- At Cherrapunji, Amit Shah launched two important development projects before arriving in Guwahati.
- Green Sohra Afforestation Campaign and also inaugurated Greater Sohra Water Supply Scheme was launched by the minister.
- ‘Evergreen Northeast’ was used to highlight the importance of afforestation and tree plantation in the state.
- Cherrapunji (locally it is known as Sohra) used to receive rainfalls throughout the year, but this has gone down due to the indiscriminate harvesting that has been done in the area under the name of development.
- The Greater Sohra Water Supply Scheme was also inaugurated by the minister.
About Green Sohra Afforestation Campaign
For the plantation drive, Assam Rifles will adopt the entire locality of Cherrapunji. 80% and above of the total land areas of this region has been prepared for the plantation of long lifespan trees and the remaining areas would be used for nurseries, ornamental plants and animal feed. Eco-tourism would also benefit the locals of the state.
About Greater Sohra Water Supply Scheme
Under the Jal Jeevan Mission initiative, the Ministry of Development of the North Eastern Region and the state government have decided to provide pure drinking water to every household through taps. Providing clean drinking water to the families, some living in the remote areas of the state is a challenge that will be fulfilled.
‘Renewables Integration in India 2021’ report has been recently released by-
The International Energy Agency (IEA) in association with NITI Aayog has released a report titled “Renewables Integration in India 2021”.
About Renewables Integration in India 2021 Report:
India’s Demand for Energy:
- India is the third-largest energy-consuming country in the world.
- Also, India has made significant progress towards its universal electrification target for residential users. 100 million people gained electricity access in 2018 alone.
- Per capita, electricity consumption across the 28 Indian states and eight union territories is still around a third of the world average and is expected to continue increasing.
Renewable Energy Penetration in India:
- Renewable energy penetration is highly variable by the state in India.
- The share of solar and wind in India’s ten renewables-rich states (Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Telangana, Punjab, and Kerala) is significantly higher than the national average of 8.2%.
- Solar and wind account for around 29% of annual electricity generation in Karnataka, 20% in Rajasthan, 18% in Tamil Nadu, and 14% in Gujarat.