Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas is a day dedicated to whom among the following?
- Pravasi Bharaitya Diwas was recently celebrated.
About Pravasi Bharaitya Diwas
- Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas is a day dedicated to the overseas Indian community and celebrated once every two years. This day is celebrated on January 09 by the people of India. The day has its roots from our ‘Father of The Nation,’ Mahatma Gandhi, who was the greatest Pravasi. He returned from South Africa in 1915 and led the Indian freedom movement. Therefore, marking this day, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has celebrated this day since 2003 from January 07-09 every year. This practice will bring together the Indians abroad to enrich knowledge, expertise, and skills to be shared in a common platform.
- This day came into effect in 2003, but in 2015 it was revised and was decided to be celebrated every two years. It was then a theme-based conference that was set up every year during the interim period.
- The conference invited various Indian communities abroad who are experts in their respective fields, policymakers, and stakeholders to come together and participate in the event.
- This day plays a significant role as the overseas Indian community gets a shared platform to get themselves engaged with the government and the native people of the land.
India’s first heli-hub to be set up in which of the following cities of India?
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala announced that Gurugram will get India’s first heli-hub with all aviation facilities.
About the Heli-Hub
- The heli-hub is proposed to be built in Gurugram and would be near the metro facility along with easy connectivity to industrial areas like Noida and Bhiwadi.
Aviation facilities available
- All kinds of aviation facilities for helicopters such as heliport, hangars, maintenance of air taxis and charted helicopters will be available. A draft proposal will be handed to the Aviation Ministry in a week’s time.
- The main purpose of this heli-hub is to make the landing and take-off points for various helicopter services for the national capital.
The Arts and Crafts Village of which of the following state has won 2021 International Craft Award for the best craft village of the year?
- The Kerala Arts and Crafts Village near Kovalam has won 2021 International Craft Award for the best craft village of the year.
About Kerala Arts & Crafts Village
- The Kerala Arts and Crafts Village is an institution established by the Uralungal Labour Contract Co-operative Society for the state tourism department.
World Hindi Day is celebrated every year on which of the following days?
- World Hindi Day is celebrated every year on January 10.
About World Hindi Day
- Vishwa Hindi Divas commemorates the anniversary of the first World Hindi Conference held in Nagpur on January 10, 1975. The conference was inaugurated by the then prime minister Indira Gandhi in Nagpur.
- Hindi is considered to be the mother language of India. It is the simplest source of expression of our nation. It is our heritage and the most widely spoken language in the country. The word Hindi originated from the Persian word Hind, meaning the land of the Indus River.
- Apart from India, the language is also spoken in Nepal, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, Suriname, Fiji, and Mauritius. Therefore, to promote the Hindi language all around the world, International Hindi Day or World Hindi Day is celebrated every year.
With reference to the Jallikattu festival, consider the following statements:
1. It is typically practised in the Indian state of Kerala.
2. It is a part of Pongal celebrations on Mattu Pongal day, which occurs annually in January.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- The Tamil Nadu government recently issued an order permitting Jallikattu (traditional bull taming events) across the state during the Pongal festival next week adhering to Covid-19 protocols.
- Jallikattu is typically practised in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu as a part of Pongal celebrations on Mattu Pongal day, which occurs annually in January.
With reference to the 24th National Conference on e-Governance, consider the following statements:
1. It was organised in Hyderabad.
2. The theme of this Conference was “India’s Techade: Digital Governance in a Post Pandemic World”.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 24th National Conference on e-Governance 2021 recently concluded.
About 24th National Conference on e-Governance
- The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG) and Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India, in association with the State Government of Telangana organized the 24th Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) 2021 at Hyderabad, Telangana.
- The theme of this Conference is “India’s Techade: Digital Governance in a Post Pandemic World”.
- At the Valedictory Session, ‘Hyderabad Declaration’ on e-Governance was adopted
- The 24th NCeG represented a platform for constructive exchange of ideas on some of the latest technologies for promoting e-Governance.
Which of the following international bank funded project for Kutlehar farmers in Himachal Pradesh?
- Drip irrigation and electric wire fencing will be The HP Sub-Tropical Horticulture, Irrigation and Value Addition (HP SHIVA) project will be implemented on 5,000 kanals of land in Kutlehar where farmers have either stopped cultivating due to wild animals or where horticulture is not in practice.
- A sum of Rs 1,000 crores, funded by the Asian Development Bank, will be spent in the first phase of the project, which will begin in 2023 and culminate in 2029.
- The project aims at giving a boost to the plantation of sub-tropical fruits like orange, litchi, pomegranate and guava in lower regions of the state.