Khajuraho temples were built during the reign of which dynasty?
- It is organized annually by the Government of Madhya Pradesh at Khajuraho.
- It is centered on Indian classical dance styles and famous artists of the country and the world give their dance performances during the festival.
- This festival began in 1975.
- Khajuraho is known for the temples built during the Chandella dynasty, which reached its apogee between 950 and 1050.
- Temples belong to Hinduism and Jainism and have been recognized by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites.
With respect to Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi, consider the following statements:
1. The Scheme provides income support to all families of Small and Marginal Farmers only.
2. It is a central sponsored scheme with equal share of states and union government.
Which of the above statements are correct?
- 24th February 2022, marks the 3rd anniversary of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Scheme. It was launched on 24th February in 2019 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- It is 100% Funded by the central government under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (MoAFW).
- Objective – To provide income support to all landholding farmer’s families irrespective of the land size in order to meet their expenses related to agriculture and domestic needs.
About PM-KISAN scheme
- Under the Scheme, Farmers will receive an amount of 6000 per year in 3 equal instalments of Rs.2000 directly into their bank accounts.
- Initially, the Scheme provided income support to all families of Small and Marginal Farmers having cultivable land up to 2 hectares which was then expanded to cover farmers irrespective of the size of their landholdings.
- Budget Allocation 2022-23: Government of India (GoI) has allocated Rs 68,000 Crore for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) in the Union Budget 2022-23, which is just 4.6 per cent higher than the Budget Estimates of Rs 65,000 crore for 2021-22 and only 0.74 per cent higher than the revised estimates of Rs 67,500 crore for the current financial year(FY22).
A 1.7-megawatt solar photovoltaic plant for the Railways has been recently commissioned at-
- Indian Railways along Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), has successfully commissioned India’s first Solar Photovoltaic Plant of 1.7-MegaWatt (MW) at Bina, Madhya Pradesh.
- The plant is under extensive testing and will be in operation for Indian Railways.
- The solar plant will be directly connected to the overhead traction system. And will produce approximately 25 lakh units of energy annually.
- The plant has 5800 solar modules, mounted on 145 sets of modular mounting structure.
- The construction of a solar plant by Indian Railways is a step to fulfil its self-sufficient energy needs by ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’.
- The solar power plant has been installed on vacant unused lands for Renewable Energy (RE) projects of Indian Railways.
- The installation of the solar plants is to achieve conversion of Indian Railways to ‘Net Zero’ Carbon Emission and ‘Go Green’ by 2030.
- Aiming to reduce 2,160 tonnes of carbon dioxide emission every year.
- Aims to save around Rs 1.37 crore every year.
- Technology Involved:
- The solar plant converts Direct Current (DC) into Single Phase Alternating Current (AC) to feed directly to the Overhead Traction System of Railways.
- The high capacity inverters were used to convert DC energy to AC energy of 25 kilovolts (kV) AC-1 power to run electric trains.
The Ministry of Railways has approved to set up India's biggest world Class wrestling academy at-
- The Ministry of Railways has approved to set up India’s biggest world Class wrestling academy at Indian Railways, Kishanganj, Delhi.
- The state of the art wrestling academy will be set up at an estimated cost of Rs 30.76 crores.
- The academy will be equipped with advanced training facilities.
- Indian Railways promotes sports in India through the Railway Sports Promotion Board (RSPB).
- Sushil Kumar (Bronze in 2008 Beijing Olympic and 2012 London Olympic); Sakshi Malik (Bronze in 2016 Rio Olympic); Saikhom Mirabai Chanu (Silver); Ravi Kumar Dahiya (Bronze) and Bajrang Punia (Bronze) of 2020 Tokyo Olympics were all associated with Indian Railways.
Central Excise Day is celebrated every year on-
- Central Excise Day of India is celebrated every year on February 24. The day is being celebrated to honour the service of the Central Board of Excise and Custom (CBEC) to the country. The day is celebrated to honour the officers associated with CBEC and their services. The day is celebrated to commemorate the legislation of the Central Excise and Salt act on 24 February 1944.
About Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs:
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs is formerly known as the Central Board of Excise and Customs. The Customs and Central Excise/ Central GST department was established to administer customs laws.
- Now the department is under the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance which deals with the policy formulation concerning levy and collection of Customs, Central Excise duties, Central Goods & Services Tax and IGST, prevention of smuggling and administration of matters relating to Customs, Central Excise, Central Goods & Services Tax, IGST and Narcotics to the extent under CBIC’s purview.
Consider the following statements regarding P-8I maritime patrol aircraft, seen in news recently-
1. It is a short-range maritime reconnaissance and Anti-Submarine Warfare Aircraft.
2. It is built by French aviation company, Dassault Aviation.
Which of the above statements are correct?
- The Indian Navy has received the 12th anti-submarine warfare aircraft P-8I from the US-based aerospace company Boeing.
- This is the fourth of four additional aircraft, for which the contract was signed in 2016. The Ministry of Defence had signed a contract for eight P-8I aircraft in 2009. However, later in 2016, it signed a contract for four additional P-8I aircraft.
About P-8I maritime patrol aircraft:
- P-8I is a long-range maritime reconnaissance and Anti-Submarine Warfare Aircraft, and a variant of the P-8A Poseidon used by the US Navy.
- India was the first international customer of Boeing for this aircraft. The Indian Navy inducted the first P-8I aircraft in 2013. The P-8I aircraft is a variant of the P-8A Poseidon aircraft that Boeing developed as a replacement for the US Navy’s ageing P-3 fleet.
- P-8I aircraft is equipped for long-range anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance in support of the broad area, maritime and littoral operations. Its communication and sensor suite includes indigenous equipment developed by defence PSUs and private manufacturers. With its high speed and high endurance of about 10 hours, the aircraft is capable of thrusting a punitive response and maintaining a watch over India’s immediate and extended.
‘Milan’ Multilateral Naval Exercise 2022 will be held in-
- ‘Milan’ is the name of the multilateral naval exercise which is hosted by the Indian Navy. This is a biennial exercise and features seminars, sports, social events, and professional exercises among the participating nations.
- This exercise was started in the year 1995.
- Along with the Indian Navy, the navies of Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand and Sri Lanka had participated in the inaugural edition of this exercise.
- All editions of Milan were held in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, under the Andaman and Nicobar Command.
- The Navy, in 2020, announced that the next edition of Milan will be held at Visakhapatnam, under the Eastern Naval Command.
- This exercise is held under various themes like anti-submarine warfare, and other areas.
- Capacity building, training, marine domain awareness, technical assistance, hydrography, and operational exercises are among the areas of cooperation for the exercise.
- Through professional engagement with friendly navies, the exercise aims to hone operational abilities, instill best practices and procedures, and enable learning in the maritime environment.
About Milan Exercise 2022
- This year’s Milan Exercise will be the largest edition of this exercise with 46 countries invited to participate. This year’s Milan exercise will be held in Visakhapatnam in February 2022. The QUAD countries will also be participating.
- Milan 22 is being held in two phases over a nine-day period, with the harbor phase being held from February 25 to February 28, and the sea phase from March 1 to 4.
- The theme for this year’s exercise is ‘Camaraderie – Cohesion – Collaboration’ through which India will be projected to the world as a responsible maritime power.
Nikarshan Sadan Dredging Museum has been inaugurated recently at-
- Recently the union minister for Ports, Shipping & Waterways and AYUSH, inaugurated “Nikarshan Sadan Dredging Museum”.
- The Nikarshan Sadan Museum is built by “Dredging Corporation of India”, at DCI campus in Visakhapatnam.
- The museum displayed models of different types of dredgers, historical milestones, and vintage photos of this dredging behemoth from Eastern Port of Vizag City.