With reference to the (Rural Electrification Corporation) REC Limited, consider the following statements:
1. It is a Maharatna NBFC focusing on Power Sector Financing and Development across India.
2. It provides financial assistance to state electricity boards, state governments, central/state power utilities, independent power producers, rural electric cooperatives and private sector utilities.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- As part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ – to celebrate 75 years of Independence, REC Limited, a public infrastructure finance company under the Ministry of Power organized a ‘Bijli Utsav’ at Karsada sub-station in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
About ‘Bijli Utsav’
- The event highlighted the benefits of electricity, the challenges faced during electrification in rural areas and how the quality of life improved with access to power. The event also witnessed several beneficiaries of Saubhagya Yojana who were invited on stage to share their
- To engage with the villagers, various cultural programmes such as Nukkad Natak and a Lok Gayan were held along with that a quiz on various Government programmes, on awareness about usage of electricity, billing, energy efficiency etc. was conducted to impart knowledge to the public. The event concluded with the distribution of LED bulbs as prizes to the winners of the
- Given the large gathering, it was ensured that all Covid safety protocols such as social distancing and wearing of masks were adhered In addition, masks were also distributed to all the attendees.
About REC Limited
- (Rural Electrification Corporation) REC Limited is a Navratna NBFC focusing on Power Sector Financing and Development across India. Established in 1969, REC Limited has completed over fifty years in the area of its
- It provides financial assistance to state electricity boards, state governments, central/state power utilities, independent power producers, rural electric cooperatives and private sector
- Its business activities involve financing projects in the complete power sector value chain; different types of projects include Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Renewable Energy segments. REC’s funding illuminates every fourth bulb in
Which of the following countries has recently agreed to close controversial ageing nuclear reactors by 2025?
- The Belgian government has reached a deal to close seven ageing nuclear reactors by
About Belgium closing the ageing nuclear reactors
- The reactors, housed at two plants in Doel and Tihange, have long been controversial. They have been shut down repeatedly for safety checks and have sparked fear in neighbouring
- A compromise was reached after years of debate and overnight talks by government
- The plan in principle was confirmed at a press conference
- Closures will begin in 2022 with the aim of both plants being safely decommissioned and demolished by 2045, Reuters news agency
- Some reactors at the plants, operated by utility company Engie, have been operational since the 1970s and have long been a source of regional
Who among the following will head the committee which has been formed to suggest withdrawal of the Armed Forces (Special Power) Act, 1958 (AFSPA) from Nagaland?
- The committee formed is to suggest withdrawal of the Armed Forces (Special Power) Act, 1958 (AFSPA) from Nagaland will comprise seven members and will submit its report within three
About the Committee
- Dr Vivek Joshi, Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India, is the chairman while J Alam, chief secretary of Nagaland is a member. Director General of Assam Rifles Lt Gen PC Nair, DGP Nagaland T John Longkumer, Dr MS Tuli joint director of Intelligence Bureau are
With reference to "Ziyuan-1 02E", consider the following statements:
1. It weighs about 2.5 kilograms and is equipped with infrared, near-infrared and hyperspectral cameras.
2. It has been launched by Japan.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- China recently launched a new satellite with a camera that can take pictures of the ground with a resolution of five
About “Ziyuan-1 02E”
- The satellite, called “Ziyuan-1 02E” or “five-meter optical satellite 02,” was launched by a Long March-4C rocket from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in north China’s Shanxi province.
- Ziyuan-1 02E weighs about 2.5 kilograms and is equipped with infrared, near-infrared and hyperspectral
- The cameras can take full-colour panchromatic images of the Earth, state-run CGTN-TV
Who among the following has set a new Indian record for the fastest wicketkeeper to 100 dismissals?
- Rishabh Pant has set a new Indian record for the fastest wicketkeeper to 100 dismissals. He broke the joint- record held by MS Dhoni and Wriddhiman Saha by affecting his 100th dismissal in his 26th Test which came at the SuperSport Park in Centurion on December 28,
About Rishabh Pants record
- Rishabh Pant picked up his 100th dismissal as wicketkeeper when he caught Temba Bavuma off Mohammed Shami’s bowling on Day 3 of the Boxing Day Test in
- Pant needed 3 dismissals in the Boxing Day Test to eclipse his idol, Dhoni. He got there on Day 3 as India pacers dominated the South African bowling attack after the visitors posted 327 on the board. Pant took the catches of Bavuma, Dean Elgar and Wiaan Mulder at the SuperSport Park to achieve the
As per Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR), India will become the third-largest economy in which of the following years?
- The Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) predicted that India will regain sixth position from France next year and become the third-largest economy in 2031, a year later the previously
About CEBR analysis on Indian economy
- (CEBR) has predicted that India will regain sixth position from France next year and become the third-largest economy in 2031, a year later the previously
- CEBR, one of the UK’s leading economics consultancies, in its annual World Economic League Table also predicted that China will overtake the US in 2030, two years later than forecast a year
- The London-based think tank said, over the next 15 years, India will see an improvement in its ranking in the World Economic League Table (WELT), rising from 7th place in 2021 to be the world’s third-largest economy in
- India will again take over France to regain its 6th place in WELT ranking for 2022, which it briefly lost to France in 2021, the CEBR
What is the present import duty on apples imposed by Govt of India ?
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur today urged the Central Government to increase import duty on apple from 50 per cent to 100 per cent to protect Himachal growers and approve the Mandi airport
- The import duty on apple should be increased and the crop should be excluded from the list of fruits and other commodities brought under the Open General
- Apple is the main horticultural crop of the state and a primary source of livelihood for a large population. However, due to a huge arrival of imported apple in the national market, the prices of Himachal apple have fallen sharply, leading to revenue loss to local horticulturists,”
75 Days Snow fest will be organised in which of the following place of hiimachal Pradesh?
- The 75-day Snow Festival will begin with prayers at the famous Triloknath temple in the Lahaul valley on January
- The festival would be celebrated according to religious beliefs and traditional customs, and also keeping in mind the calendar fixed by the Lamas (monks) of the valley for various
- The festivals of Udna, Gochi, Halda, Fagli and Yor organised in Gahar, Pattan and Tinan valleys would also be associated with the Snow Festival to make tourists aware about the rich traditions of the
- It is one of the longest festivals celebrated in India and is on a par with the 75-day Bastar Dussehra held in The cultural traditions and ancient festivals have been rejuvenated through this festival.