Which state has become the first state in the country to issue the order of implementation of the National Education Policy-2020?
WHY IN NEWS?
- Karnataka has become the first state in the country to issue the order with regard to the implementation of the National Education Policy-2020.
- The state government has issued an order on the implementation of NEP-2020 with effect from the current academic year 2021-2022.
- This policy seeks to entirely overhaul the system through various reforms: A single regulator to oversee higher education; no more MPhil courses before PhD; fixed fees for public and private institutions; students can choose between three and four-year undergraduate courses; multiple entries and exit points in degree courses.
The bilateral naval exercise ‘Zayed Talwar 2021’ was conducted between India and-
WHY IN NEWS?
- The Indian Navy and UAE Navy conducted the bilateral naval exercise ‘Zayed Talwar 2021’ on August 07, 2021, off the coast of Abu Dhabi.
- The main objective of the ‘Zayed Talwar 2021’ naval exercise was to enhance interoperability and synergy between the two navies. Indian Navy participated with INS Kochi, with two integral Sea King MK 42B helicopters, deployed in the Persian Gulf.
- From UAE, UAES AL – Dhafra, a Baynunah class guided missile corvette and one AS – 565B Panther helicopter took part in the exercise.
Anupam Shyam, who passed away recently, was a famous-
WHY IN NEWS?
- Veteran actor Anupam Shyam has passed away. The actor was best known for his work on the TV show Mann Kee Awaaz: Pratigya and appearances in films like Slumdog Millionaire and Bandit Queen.
- In his nearly three-decade-long career, Shyam featured in films like Satya, Dil Se, Lagaan, Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi and received critical acclaim for his role as Thakur Sajjan Singh on Mann Kee Awaaz: Pratigya which aired in 2009 on Star Plus.
AL-MOHED AL-HINDI 2021 is the first ever naval exercise between-
WHY IN NEWS?
India and Saudi Arabia is all set to conduct their first ever naval exercise called “AL-MOHED AL-HINDI 2021”.
- To participate in the exercise, India’s guided-missile destroyer INS Kochi reached Saudi Arabia.
- The joint naval exercise will showcase the reflection of growing defence and military cooperation between India and Saudi Arabia.
- INS Kochi reached to Saudi Arabia after conducting a naval exercise with the UAE Navy off the coast of Abu Dhabi.
Which country ranked first in Global Youth Development Index, 2020?
WHY IN NEWS?
India was ranked at 122nd position among 181 countries in Global Youth Development Index, 2020. Commonwealth Secretariat released this triennial ranking of youth development for 181 countries.
- The index measures the status of young people among 181 countries across the world.
- Singapore was ranked at the top for the first time.
- It is followed by Slovenia, Norway, Malta and Denmark.
- Bottom countries in the index include- Chad, Central African Republic, South Sudan, Afghanistan and Niger.
- Index highlights that, condition of young people has improved worldwide by 3.1 percent in between 2010 and 2018. However, the progress remained slow.
- In the index, 156 countries recorded at least slight improvements in their scores.
- Report also highlights the positive trajectory of youth development pre-pandemic time, which covid-19 virus could reverse if urgent action is not taken to secure the gain.
- Top five improvers include- India, Afghanistan, Russia, Ethiopia, and Burkina Faso. They advanced their score on an average by 15.74 per cent.
- Countries like Libya, Syria, Ukraine, Jordan and Lebanon witnessed greatest decline in youth development in between 2010 and 2018.
How this index ranks countries?
- The Global Youth Development index ranks countries between the score of 0.00 (lowest) and 1.00 (highest) on the basis of developments in youth with respect to education, health, employment, equality & inclusion, political & civic participation, peace and security.
- It provides score on the basis of 27 indicators, including literacy and voting, to showcase the state of 1.8 billion people across the world aged between 15 and 29.
China plans to become carbon neutral by which year?
WHY IN NEWS?
Industrialization in China occurred at breath-taking pace which lifted people out of poverty and transformed China into the world’s factory. However, this also made China the biggest emitter of carbon dioxide. As a result, China has set the goal of becoming carbon-neutral by 2060.
What is carbon neutral?
Carbon neutral means cutting carbon dioxide emissions as large as possible and offsetting what cannot be eliminated. This can be done by switching to renewable energy sources like using solar power instead of coal.
Despite being world’s second-largest economy, China is considered as developing nation. Accordingly, it has not reached its emissions peak. By 2030, China will be committing to bring down carbon neutrality by 2060. If China gets success in it, it will be the fastest decline from peak emissions.
How China can achieve the goal?
- China requires finding replacements for fossil fuels powering its economy and rapid urbanization.
- Recently in July, China opened world’s largest carbon trading market that created a framework for how emissions are priced and regulated in the nation.
- China is also expanding the use of electric vehicles and automation besides investments in nuclear power. Nuclear power doesn’t emit greenhouse gases.
- It is also spending on research into technologies like storage batteries and has been using hydrogen fuel to complement low-emissions energy sources.
- Government has also directed local authorities to develop regional plans in order to lower emissions and curb wasteful uses of electricity like in Bitcoin mining.
Satish Dhawan Space Centre is located at-
WHY IN NEWS?
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) informed that, countdown for launch of Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle-F10 EOS-03 mission has started.
Union minister of state (MoS), Jitendra Singh, recently confirmed in Lok Sabha that the Earth Observation Satellite-03 is scheduled to be launched on August 12.
About GSLV-F10 EOS-03 mission
- Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle-F10 (GSLV-F10) will launch Earth Observation Satellite (EOS-03) on August 12 from second launch pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), Sriharikota.
- EOS-03 is a state-of-the-art agile Earth observation satellite. It will be placed in the Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit by GSLV-F10.
- Satellite will reach to the geostationary orbit using its onboard propulsion system.
- Satellite will also carry a 4-metre diameter Ogive-shaped payload for the first time in this GSLV flight.
- This will be the fourteenth flight of GSLV.
National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) comes under which ministry?
WHY IN NEWS?
According to Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, India’s first Internet Governance Forum (IIGF) will be held for three days starting from October 20, 2021.
- Launch of the Internet Governance forum was announced by Anil Kumar Jain, CEO of National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, and Chairman of Coordination Committee.
- Pre-IIGF engagement events will also start from August 2021 across colleges and universities.
- Pre-events will be organised with the aim of engaging students and youth to participate in main event in October.
- IIGF 2021 will be held under the theme- “Inclusive Internet for Digital India”.
IIGF, stands for India Internet Governance Forum, is an Internet Governance policy discussion platform. IIGF is an Indian version of Internet Governance Forum under the United Nations. It is organised with the aim of taking into account the aspirations of Indians at their International policy formation and stakeholder discussion. It also seeks to ensure the growth of broadband that adheres to lifestyle and requirements of Indian community. Indian version of IGF also adopt multi-stakeholder concept to organize this event.
Coordination committee of the IIGF composed of representation from Government, industrial association, civil society, industry, trust, and other stakeholders.
IGF stands for Internet Governance Forum. It is a United Nations forum incorporating multi-stakeholder policy dialogue on issues related to Internet Governance. Announcement for establishment of IGF was made in July 2006 by United Nations Secretary General. After that, the first meeting was held in October-November 2006 at Athens in Greece. Since then, annual meetings are held
Kakori Train incident took place in which year?
WHY IN NEWS?
Uttar Pradesh government has renamed a landmark freedom movement called “Kakori Train Conspiracy” as “Kakori Train Action” and paid tributes to the revolutionaries who were hanged for robbing a train at Kakori in Uttar Pradesh.
- Revolutionaries had robbed the train in order to buy weapons in 1925.
- Family members of the freedom fighters were also honoured on this occasion.
- Those revolutionaries were some passionate people who were having a single goal of independence of India from British rule. So, name was changed considering that, they did not commit any conspiracy as they were fighting for freedom.
- Freedom fighters Ram Prasad Bismil, Ashfaqulla Khan and Roshan Singh were hanged to death on December 19, 1927 for their involvement in Kakori robbery.
Kakori Train Action
It was a train robbery that took place on August 9, 1925 in a village called Kakori near Lucknow during Indian Independence Movement against British Raj. Robbery was organised by Hindustan Republican Association (HRA). It was conceived by Ram Prasad Bismil and Ashfaqullah Khan. HRA was established to carry out revolutionary activities against British Empire with the objective of achieving independence.