India's National Enterprise Architecture (IndEA) framework is under the ambit of-
- MeghEA’s e-proposal system recently won UN World Summit on Information Society Forum (WSIS) award 2022.
- MeghEA project aims to improve service delivery and governance for people using power of Digital technologies.
- It was launched by Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology.
- It’s spread across 6 pillars i.e. Governance, Human Resources, Entrepreneurship, Primary Sector, Infrastructure and Environment, and envision to make Meghalaya a high income state by 2030.
- This is a first of its kind project which is based on India’s National Enterprise Architecture (IndEA) framework.
Consider the following statements-
1. United States Commission on International Religious Freedom has designated India as a "Country of Particular Concern” for the first time.
2. Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, North Korea and Russia are also designated as CPCs.
Which of the above statements are correct?
- USCIRF has designated India as a “Country of Particular Concern (CPC)” for third consecutive year.
- Designation is reserved for worst violators of religious freedom.
- Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, North Korea and Russia are also designated as CPCs.
- USCIRF is an independent, bipartisan U.S. federal government agency created by 1998 International Religious Freedom Act (IRFA).
- An advisory or a consultative body to US Congress on issues pertaining to international religious freedom.
- It uses international standards, such as Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, to monitor violations of religious freedom or belief abroad.
Which one of the following is a white good?
- It was launched by Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Its objective is to create complete component ecosystem in India and make India an integral part of global supply chains.
- Scheme offer an incentive of 4-6% on incremental sales of goods manufactured in India.
- The white goods industry consists of air conditioners, refrigerators, washing machines and dryers, dishwashers, and LED Lights.
- PLI scheme aims to give companies incentives on incremental sales from products manufactured in domestic units, and encourage local companies to set up or expand existing manufacturing units.
Consider the following statements about Canine Distemper Virus-
1. Canine distemper is caused by the paramyxovirus virus and it spreads through body fluids like infected urine, blood and saliva.
2. There is no known cure for Canine Distemper Virus.
Which of the above statements are correct?
- The Gujarat Biotechnology Research Centre has developed and completed the first trials of the Canine Distemper Virus (CDV) vaccine for the Asiatic lion.
- Canine distemper is caused by the paramyxovirus virus and it spreads through body fluids like infected urine, blood and saliva.
- The virus attacks the respiratory, gastrointestinal and nervous systems of puppies and dogs and can be transmitted to lions, tigers, leopards and other wild cats as well as seals.
- There is no known cure for CDV.
World Penguin Day is annually celebrated on-
- World Penguin Day is annually celebrated on 25th April to celebrate penguins, the unique, aquatic, flightless birds living in the southern hemisphere. The day also aims to create awareness about the threats and challenges faced by the Penguins.
- According to the Antarctic and Southern Ocean Coalition (ASOC), 25th April coincides with the annual northern migration of Adelie penguins, a species of penguin that is native to Antarctica.
- The researchers in Antarctica documented that a colony of Adelie penguins returned from spending months at sea on April 25 for multiple consecutive years.
- The scientists began celebrations on the 25th April to welcome the penguins and later the day became a global celebration of penguins.
Conservation of Penguins:
- At present all 18 species of penguins are legally protected from hunting and egg collecting.
- 12 nations signed the Antarctic Treaty in 1959 and reauthorized it in 1991 to protect Antarctica and preserve its living resources. The treaty makes it illegal to harm, or in any way interfere with, a penguin or its eggs.
- The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) International treaty was developed in 1973 to regulate trade in certain wildlife species, including penguins.
- The top 5 threats faced by the Penguins are overfishing, plastic pollution, industrial development, invasive Predators, and Climate Change.