Day-20 Answer Writing Challenge : Model Answer
Question: Write a note on the India Innovation Index ? (4 marks, 60 words)
- India Innovation Index is collaborative effort of Science and Technology (S&T) Vertical of NITI Aayog, relevant Ministries and Departments, and the knowledge partner — the Institute for Competitiveness.
- The index tries to understand the prospects and potential of innovation in each Indian state and union territory through its rankings.
- It covers all the twenty-eight states and eight union territories.
- The states and union territories have been classified into three categories:
- Major States, North-Eastern and Hill States and UT and City States.
- Himachal Pradesh falls under North Eastern and Hill States category.