HPAS/Allied Mains 2022 Answer Writing Challenge Day 148 : Model Answer
QUESTION: Discuss India’s role in the World Bank. (4 marks/ 60 words)
India’s relation with the World Bank can be traced back to the its origin.
- India was one of the 44 countries which signed the final agreement for the establishment of the Bank.
- The name IBRD was first suggested by India to the drafting committee.
- India helped in formulation, implementation and monitoring of world bank’s policies.
- D. Deshmukh was nominated the chairman of commission on Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
- India Assisted the world bank, by facilitating it to study various problems in sectors like agriculture, Social and Transport sectors to learn and to increase its understanding of the Fundamental interactions of agriculture, poverty alleviation, and environment development efforts.