HPAS Mains 2021/22 Answer Writing Challenge Day 8 : 13-10-2021
HPAS Mains Syllabus General Studies Paper 1 : Disaster Management
Question : Write a short note on National Disaster Management Authority. 4 Marks
The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) is a statutory body established under the National Disaster Management Act, 2005. This authority under the Chairmanship of the Prime Minister is the apex body responsible for:
- laying down policies, plans and guidelines for disaster management.
- coordinating enforcement and implementation throughout the country.
Other Important Functions:
- To recommend guidelines for the minimum standards of relief to be provided to persons affected by disaster.
- Provide such support to other countries affected by major disasters as may be determined by the Central Government.
- Lay down broad policies and guidelines for the functioning of the National Institute of Disaster Management.
- The general superintendence, direction and control of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) are vested in and will be exercised by the NDMA.