HPAS Mains Syllabus General Studies Paper 1 : Major School of Paintings
Question: Compare and Contrast the Mughal and Rajput style of paintings. (8 Marks, 120 words)
|Understanding of question:|
|Directive||Compare and Contrast: It is a rhetorical style that discusses the similarities and differences of two or more things: ideas, concepts, items, places, etc.|
|Introduction||Development of Painting in India with special focus on Mughal and Rajput painting|
|Main Body|| |
· Miniature type of painting.
· Same types of colors (even though Mughals had more variety).
· Rajput painting influenced from Mughal paintings.
· Religious nature of Rajput painting and realistic and non-religious nature of Mughal paintings.
· Different time period.
· Use of Hindu symbols in Rajput paintings.
· Mughal Art more popular in court whereas Rajput art was more popular in common people.
· Rajput paintings inspired from folk art which was missing in Mughal art.
Relevance of both type of painting on modern India
© 2023 Civilstap Himachal Design & Development